Tuesday, August 14, 2012

diy: glitter boots.


So I have wanted to make these glitter boots for a while now.. I saw them here originally, and although I love those shoes, I opted for the more cowboy boot look. Also, I found these boots on Asos for $22, from $80. So I figured I could spend that on a diy project!

Materials:
-Boots (Asos)
-Glitter (Dollar store)
-Modge Podge (Wal-Mart)
-Aleen's glue (Wal-Mart)
-Painters tape (my garage haha but I'm sure you can find it at Wal-Mart too)

Directions:
-First I taped off the section of the boot that I wanted to glitter.
-I then mixed a generous amount of glitter with some of the OK to wash glue. It started to turn purple, and I'm not sure if that is normal, since I'm not an avid crafter, but it seemed to work perfectly. After when I was doing touch ups it was easy to see where I was applying it as well.
-I let the boots dry then re-painted where I thought it was missing a little glitter.
-Finally I let the glitter mixture dry.
-Then I used the Jewel it glue to create a top coat.
-Once dry, I sprayed the whole boot with some all weather spray to help with the elements.

*Now I have seen many diy's where people use all of the glues/adhesives I have listed above. I didn't use the Modge Podge in the end, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work! 

I'm off to work [in my new boots!] 
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment